Sunday 3 May 2009

Well first race of my season over and done with. I had a few worries before hand , I had a minor calf problem and it niggled a bit, but it wasn't bad enough to slow me down. I was up early and felt ok, the usual nerves but nothing out of the ordinary. We set off into Kings Lynn where it was a bit blustery and chilly and looked ominous. I got prepped and stood in my zone, 45mins section. As the wheelchairs left we all shuffled forward and i ended in the 35 min zone, unlikely I thought. The gun went and it was all go. I immediately picked someone to follow but just after 2km lost them at a narrow section, so picked some guy with a big superstars style no8 on his bright yellow shirt. I had planned to get splits at every km, but some of the markers were hidden by crowds, so it didnt go as planned. 2km in 8:24:49, happy with that, 4km 16:59:37(8:34:88), 5km 21:03:93 (4:04:56), 6km 25:16:50 (4:12:57), 7km 29:35:01(4:18:51), 9km 38:19:62 (8:44:61), 10km 42:44:80 (4:25:18) and the end. It was a good time for me and I am well impresses. I feel that next year I could even possibly go sub 40 mins, we'll wait and see. I was after the immortal negative split, but there was quite a breeze at times and I was tiring. Watch this space!!

5 comments:

  1. Great effort Bob! See you at Brize?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude!! You will have to change your blog to Tri Fast Boy tri!!

    Well done mate and see you around - if I recognise you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start to your blogging mate and your season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Blogland Big Bob and well done on a great run. I know I can't run that fast at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done mate, thats awesome...:) you must have a good coach lol!

    ReplyDelete